Modeling & Simulation of different types of Separators in Oil & Gas Industry
- Save to Calendar
- 04/10/2023 - 10:00 am - 11:00 am EDT
In the oil and gas industry, separation processes are essential for separating and purifying hydrocarbons and other components from raw crude oil and natural gas streams. The separator is usually the first equipment through which the crude oil is processed. The primary purpose of a separator is to separate a mixture of different phases, such as liquids, gases, and solids, into distinct phases. Based on their functions, separators can be categorized as two-phase separators and three-phase separators. There are some common separation processes used in the oil and gas industry, like gas-liquid separation, solid-liquid separation, gas-oil-water separation, etc.
CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics) simulation enables engineers to perform sensitivity analyses by varying parameters such as flow rates, pressure, temperature, and fluid properties. This helps to identify which factors have the most significant influence on separator performance and allows for targeted design improvements. Simulations allow engineers to assess how a separator design will scale up or down in different scenarios. This is particularly important for industries that require separators of different sizes for various applications. Tridiagonal has rich experience in modeling the separators and provides recommendations to improve the performance.
What will you learn from this webinar?
- A detailed modeling approach to perform various separation processes like Two-phase gas-liquid separation, three-phase gas-oil-water separation & sand separation.
- Under different operating conditions the insights of flow patterns & pressure distribution.
- Practical method to use numeric for design optimization of Separator internals.
Who should attend it-
- Design & product engineers in all separation solutions Manufacturing companies in Oil & Gas industry.
- Design & Engineering mangers working on O&G EPC projects.
- Operation & Process engineers in the Oil production & refineries.
- Process Engineering Consultants & Retrofit solution providers.
- Professionals/Students pursuing Masters, Ph.D. & Post-doctorate in Modeling & Simulation.