Hydrate Transport, High Viscosity Multiphase, Liquid Entrainment And Jumper Study Flow Facility
- This multipurpose test facility is utilized to conduct a number of multiphase flow studies ranging from hydrate transport to liquid entrainment.
- Hydrate mimic studies focus on understanding the impact of hydrate particles on flow regimes transitions and multiphase flow characteristics. Poly propylene particles are used as hydrate mimics. These particles float at the interface of oil and water.
- Liquid entrainment studies focus on determining the entrainment flux in low liquid loading systems. Starting from onset of entrainment when the first set of droplets are observed in the gas phase to close to a 97% entrainment, these studies focus on how gas velocities impact entrainment flux in both air-water and air-oil systems.
- Oil-Water flows focus on the dispersion of water in oil for low to medium water cuts. These studies focus on mixture velocities ranging from 1 to 4 m/s. The focus is to determine the hold up variation across the cross section and the minimum velocity at which water no longer wets the pipe bottom.
- High viscosity multiphase flows will focus on multiphase flow characteristics involving high viscosity oil.
Flow Loop Specification
|Diameter||4 inch, 8 inch and 10 inch|
|Fluids||oil, air and water|
|Liquid velocity||0 to 4.0 m/s|
|Gas velocity||0 to 20 m/s|
|Solids loading||5 to 30%|