Tridiagonal Solutions is a research and consulting company formed in 2006. We are an outcome of CSIR-National Chemical Laboratory, Pune which is a research, development and consulting organisation with a focus on operational excellence. Since inception, we have been focusing on research, development, testing, and implementation of technology solutions for the process industry verticals like Oil & Gas, Chemicals, Pharmaceuticals, Food, Metals & Mining, etc. We have delivered more than 1200+ projects in various domains by leveraging different technologies, viz, research & testing, advanced modeling, workflow automation and data analysis. We have worlds largest field-scale facility, sponsored by Chevron in 2010, to perform new technology testing, generating data and doing further analysis. We have more than 100+ man years of experience (with a unique combination of skillsets), and we have been practicing various technologies – Computational modeling, Experimentation, Application Engineering, Data Science and Analytics from last 15 years. Our US operations are based in San Antonio, Texas and our Headquarters is situated in Pune, India.
Following are the key focus groups of Tridiagonal Solutions:
- Advanced Modeling and Solutions Group: This group focuses on leveraging modeling technologies (Computational Fluid Dynamics, Discrete Element Modeling, Mathematical Modeling, Hybrid Modeling, etc.) for design validation for R&D teams, equipment optimization studies, scenario building and simulation, etc. We support corporate R&D teams, Product development, Operations debottlenecking, MSAT teams for performing validation services. We have also developed the science-based vertical applications for addressing various chemical engineering phenomenon’s like Mixing, Erosion, Separation, etc.
- The Tridiagonal team has done extensive research and developed the best practices for developing the solutions for several advanced physics applications such as nucleate and bulk boiling, magneto hydrodynamics, solidification and melting, effect of electric charge on particulate transport and a variety of multiphase flow problems. We design best practices to derive the maximum output from the leading CFD codes while solving complicated flow problems. These results in a significant reduction of time needed to develop solution strategies.
- Our unique services offered as validation studies, are usually part of larger projects which involve coming up with technical approach, best practice development, and validation of computational results with available experimental data. We have access to facilities for conducting cold flow experiments where appropriate experimental data can be obtained for specific validation objectives.
- Data Science and Analytics: Tridiagonal Solutions leverages Industry/Chemical 4.0 tech stack for the successful deployment of Manufacturing Excellence Solutions by focusing on Processes, Assets and People. The blend of chemical engineering and data science has enabled us to develop advanced analytics solutions. We bring combination of tools, techniques and expertise to support manufacturing excellence and digital transformation programs of our customers. We work with a strong partner eco-system and its state-of-the-art solutions to deliver such programs. Furthermore, we also take the ownership of delivery & post implementation support, monitoring & reporting services to ensure the success of the project(s).
Few of the focus areas are:
- Research and Development of Data Analytics models and its application
- Codifying & Templatizing AI-ML Models
- Predictive Maintenance
- Monitoring KPI’s
- Asset Performance Management
- Advanced Process Control
- People Performance Management
- Energy Management
- Digital Twin
R&D and Testing: We operate one of the largest flow labs in the industry focusing on upstream, mid-stream, and downstream O&G Industry. The lab is situated on a 3-acre land covering the 250000 square feet of construction. It was established in collaboration with Chevron. Over the years, we have been supported by BP, Shell, Total, Deepstar, etc. We have some unique assets here for Wax deposition, Erosion, Corrosion and complex multiphase flow testing. Further, if required we can quickly establish the testing facilities as TSPL & has strength of developing new facilities and execute the proprietary projects or testing services as per the requirement of the client. In addition, our asset is our EFD expert team which is composed of Engineers and technicians with expertise in Design, Fabrication, Instrumentation, Fluid dynamics, and etc. Main objective of R&D at EFD is to develop product, process and technology for the clients.
The key R&D element of the EFD group as follows:
- Designing Field scale testing facilities for the clients which have not been developed before. Design patents and its prototype can be taken, which we have not applied for and are thinking to go for. It will be a joint patent between client and TSPL.
- Designing new methodologies for experimentation which can be considered new processes for the client for their specific requirements. Again joint process patent can be taken.
- Designing new measuring instruments and new techniques for the data collections which can again be patented. This solely belongs to TSPL and can be applied for design and prototype patent.
- Helping clients for their product development and providing the guidelines to improve their products.