Introducing One of the Worlds Largest Multiphase Flow and Process Development Laboratory
The Experimental Fluids Division at Tridiagonal caters to the pilot and field scale testing needs of the Oil & Gas and the Chemical Process Industry segments.
Covering over 250,000 square feet, we operate one of the world’s largest multiphase flow laboratory servicing the Oil & Gas industry. There are nine field scale flow loops to conduct R&D and testing in areas such as solids transport, foam transport, hydrate slurry transport, wax deposition, erosion, erosion-corrosion and viscous multiphase flows. The 16-inch sand transport and multiphase flow loop and the 4-inch wax deposition flow loops are one of a kind flow loops available in the world. Chemical Process Industry projects are focused on enabling Process & Product Innovations in Chemical, Consumer Product, Food and Pharma Industry. Experiments focus on foaming and aeration during bottle filling, drying & roasting, batch to continuous transformations, mixing and vortexing in stirred tanks, solids dissolution, coating etc. The key expertise of the team is design, construction and operation of lab and pilot scale plants based on sound multiphase flow and chemical engineering principles.
What we offer:
- Field scale infrastructure with significant gas and liquid processing capabilities including 60 tons of chilling and 1 MW of Power Supply
- Advanced instrumentation methods including high speed photography, PIV, Wire Mesh Sensor, Ultrasonic Velocity Profiler, CANTY camera
- Very quick response in contractual process. Business friendly.
- Team is a balanced blend of individuals with Ph.D., Masters and Bachelor’s degree engineers along with technicians
- Easy access to fabrication shops, process design firms, EPC, National Labs etc.
- Low labor costs across all stages of a process from construction to experimentation
- Can provide 3 shifts of Labor to conduct long duration experiments